Interview with Travel Physical Therapist, Claire Laverne, DPT
On June 1st, 2017, Covalent Careers and NewGradPhysicalTherapy.Com hosted a live webinar with Claire Laverne, DPT, an Advanced Traveler. Brett Kestenbaum led the interview and facilitated many questions posed by the live audience.
The webinar delves into all the ups, downs, and details of traveling as a new grad therapist. It serves as an excellent resource, offering the views and experiences of a real traveler. Claire is currently on assignment in Colonial Heights, Virginia and has worked in Ohio and Michigan with Advanced Travel Therapy and her recruiter, Codey Thalacker, since graduating from the University of Pittsburgh in 2015.
Claire, Brett, and the audience leave no stone unturned as they dive into the nuances of travel PT. A few of the questions and topics covered included:
- Should one travel right after school?
- What challenges can a new PT traveler can expect?
- How salary, stipends, housing, and benefits work for travel PTs (why travel PTs make more than permanent counterparts).
- The importance of a new grad program that offers mentorship to its new PTs and how to make the most of it.
- How to choose a travel therapy company that fits with your goals and offers you the benefits you need.
- How to choose a travel therapy recruiter that understands your goals.
- Understanding how to prioritize settings, locations, and compensation.
- The learning opportunities that you get on a travel assignment.
- The common things that make new grad PTs afraid of travel and dispelling those myths.
- The most difficult part of traveling, and how can you overcome it.
- Claire’s favorite things about being a travel PT.
We are so proud to have a confident and accomplished DPT like Claire Laverne on our team. We also appreciate the great work that NewGradPhysicalTherapy.Com and Covalent Careers do for PTs and rehab professionals across the country.
If you are a new grad or seasoned PT interested in travel, joining the Advanced Family is easy!