Find A High Paying, New Grad Friendly Occupational Therapy Job in California With Advanced Travel Therapy.
You’re probably looking at the title and thinking it’s too good to be true, but it really isn’t. You can be a new grad with no previous work experience and get an excellent job in California with great pay, benefits, and an unrivaled support system with Advanced Travel Therapy.
We’ve been launching therapists into incredible careers for almost 30 years. Our New Grad Program was the first in the industry, which means we have the experience and dedication required to really help young therapists start their careers on the right foot. We offer great pay packages, comprehensive medical coverage from day one, and new grad benefits like free CEUs and $5,000 in tuition reimbursement.
We will also hook you up with a dedicated recruiter and an OT mentor. Your Advanced Recruiter will make getting the perfect CA job a piece of cake. He or she will line up the opportunity, negotiate on your behalf, get all your benefits squared away, and even help you with more stressful to-dos like licensure, moving, and housing. Your OT mentor, on the other hand, will be there to answer all your clinical and professional questions while on assignment.
There is no doubt that taking a CA job with Advanced will set you up with the all-star team you need for peace of mind and a sense of security. You can focus on becoming the therapist you’ve always wanted to be and we'll handle the other stuff.
Keep reading to find about pay, settings, and licensure! If you already live in CA, you’re still eligible for a travel OT job with Advanced. If you’re interested in a new grad travel OT career in California, apply with us today or call 1-800-330-7711.
More About New Grad OT Jobs in CA
How Much Do OTs Make In CA?
BLS.gov states that California is in the top five highest paying states for OTs. And although these figures are great, they don’t tell the whole story. California is notorious for having a high cost of living. In addition, averages in terms of wages and salaries don’t take into account factors that can impact pay like taxes, specific locations, facilities, years of experience, education level, or setting.
Working with Advanced Travel Therapy, however, can help put your mind at ease when it comes to compensation as a new grad. Most people don’t know that travel therapists are often better compensated than their permanently placed counterparts. Working with us will give you the opportunity to take advantage of traveling tax-breaks that can increase your take home pay. You can also get $5,000 in tuition reimbursement, great benefits, out-of-this-world referral bonuses, and free CEUs. Ultimately, you can end up with a compensation package that will give you the financial stability you’ve been seeking since starting OT school.
If you’re interested in earning more as a new grad travel OT in California, apply now!
Average Base Salary for Occupational Therapists in California
Average Annual Base Salary
Average Hourly Rate
Number of Occupational Therapists in California
Salary Range for Occupational Therapists in California
Entry Level Salary
Senior Level Salary
Data from 2016 Bureau of Labor Statistics
OT Settings in California
We don’t put our therapists in boxes at Advanced Travel Therapy. We believe in letting you make your career your own. For many, this means fluidity and flexibility. We will offer you the professional flexibility necessary to explore the discipline without being concerned about health benefits, financial stability, or a work-life balance.
On our team, you can try different settings in locations across the country, try the same setting in different facilities, or extend at one you love. Your career path is yours to carve and we assure you that we will have your back along the way.
Below you will find short descriptions of a few of the settings you can explore in California.
Skilled Nursing Facility
A SNF is an excellent setting for a new grad. You will get the chance to help rehabilitate and improve the quality of life for diverse types of patients. In this setting, patients range from short-term to long-term and some can even be permanent. OT interventions that you may be responsible for in a SNF will vary greatly depending on the patient’s needs. They may include teaching residents with cognitive and perceptual deficits compensatory techniques or modifying the environment and adapting tasks for safety.
This is a great setting to try if you’re a new grad OT who isn’t quite ready to commit to the routine of going to the same facility for work every day. Home health will also give you will the opportunity to make a significant impact where it is needed most, in a patient’s home. A few of the assessments and treatments that you may engage in include independent living training and adaptive equipment assessment and instruction.
Acute care settings offer new grad OTs the opportunity to learn a great deal about assisting patients who are in critical condition in an inpatient facility. OT interventions in this setting will change depending on the patient, but you will most likely help with facilitating early mobilization, restoring function, and preventing further decline. You will also get a chance to help while training families and caregivers to assist with range-of-motion exercises, safe transfers, and mobility.
California OT Licensure Board California Board of Occupational Therapy
2005 Evergreen St., Suite 2250 Sacramento, CA 95815
If you’re not already licensed in California, you will need to be to take a travel assignment in the state. We understand that new jobs, moves, and licensure can be overwhelming. We're here to help. First, we make sure you don’t have to worry about the cost of getting your CA License. We reimburse our travelers for one license per assignment. Second, your Advanced Recruiter will help you as you acquire your license to make it as stress-free as possible. Don’t worry, we’ve got you.
Living In California
Let’s face it, no matter where you’re from, you have to at least begrudgingly admit that California is one of, if not the coolest and most beautiful state in the country. From its northern to southern tips, it has more to offer than most places on earth. Plus, it basically gives you awesome to acceptable weather all year round.
What makes California so great you ask? A simple and singular web page won’t do it justice. Here’s a brief list just to get your dream-big-gears turning:
- Two world cities: San Francisco and Los Angeles. Both these cities have so much to offer it’s actually kind of ridiculous. From food to art and adventures to breathtaking views, there’s just so much.
- Getting your board on. Surfboard? Skateboard? Snowboard? A board you’re in the process of inventing? Doesn’t matter what your board is, you will find incredible places to shred across the state.
- Mind-boggling natural wonders that must be visited include Big Sur, Sequoia National Park, Pfeiffer Beach, Joshua Tree National Park, Yosemite National Park, McWay Falls, Monterey Beach, Glacier Point, and Emerald Bay. There's more obviously.
- So you get beaches, woods, forests, deserts, crazy cities, snowcapped mountains, lakes, rivers, and that’s all great, but did you know you also get wine country? Between Napa and Sonoma Valley you won’t be left wanting for of views or tastes.
- Farmers markets, festivals, California Cuisine, the original Disneyland, Hollywood, the Golden Gate Bridge, In-N-Out Burger... this list really has no point or theme but to show you how great the state is.
Bottom line, no matter where you take an assignment in the State of California, you are guaranteed to have a good time when you’re not working. Don’t hesitate! Let us help you get the ideal job in the location of your dreams!
If you’re not an OT yet but are interested in becoming one, there are few excellent OT programs in California. Below you will find links to get you started on the path to your bright future! As you get closer to graduating make sure you check our blog where you’ll find a lot of good information for new grads.
What is the cost of living for Occupational Therapists in California?
Cost of living in different cities.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA +22% ⇧San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA +22% ⇧
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA +21.4% ⇧Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA +21.4% ⇧
- San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA +21.3% ⇧San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA +21.3% ⇧
- San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA +19% ⇧San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA +19% ⇧
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA +18.2% ⇧Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA +18.2% ⇧
- Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA +18.2% ⇧Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA +18.2% ⇧
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA +16.3% ⇧Vallejo-Fairfield, CA +16.3% ⇧
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA +14.6% ⇧Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA +14.6% ⇧
- Salinas, CA +7.1% ⇧Salinas, CA +7.1% ⇧
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, CA +6.9% ⇧San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, CA +6.9% ⇧
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA +6.3% ⇧Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA +6.3% ⇧
- Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA +2.4% ⇧Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA +2.4% ⇧
- Stockton, CA +0.6% ⇧Stockton, CA +0.6% ⇧
- Chico, CA +0.2% ⇧Chico, CA +0.2% ⇧
- Modesto, CA -0.9% ⇩Modesto, CA -0.9% ⇩
- Redding, CA -1.4% ⇩Redding, CA -1.4% ⇩
- Fresno, CA -2.4% ⇩Fresno, CA -2.4% ⇩
- Bakersfield-Delano, CA -2.7% ⇩Bakersfield-Delano, CA -2.7% ⇩
What are these numbers? The Regional Price Parity the cost of goods and services in a region in comparison to the national average, which is set at 100. For example New York's RPP is 122.2, meaning that goods there cost 22.2% more than the national average.
Data from 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics
100% Paid Medical Coverage
401k with Company Matching
Customized Travel Packages
Robust Clinical and Lifestyle Mentorship
Large Support Staff
State Licensure Reimbursement
Significant Referral Bonus
Exceptional Customer Service (24 hours/day)
Corporate Furnished Housing or Generous Lodging Per Diem
Travel Expense Allowance
Meals and Incidentals Stipend
Professional & General Liability Coverage
Advanced Education CEU's
Why Advanced Medical
Joining the Advanced Medical team gives you the attention you deserve. We work closely with each candidate to find the right fit clinically, culturally and financially. We also offer:
- Five-star customer service
- Clinical & licensure support
- and much, much more!
Joint Commission Certified
Advanced found me the perfect travel job in an outpatient setting. It was such a great match that I ended up staying on as a full time employee. If I decide to ever travel again, I will not hesitate to call Advanced.Mary T.
After traveling with several different travel companies I found Advanced. I have now completed 3 great assignments and will never leave this company. Finally a company that actually delivers on what they say.Linda W.
We Just moved into my apartment provided by Advanced and we are loving it! My wife and I are both therapists and the apartment is amazing, it has its own movie theater, fitness center and many other amenities.Michael F.
I was referred to Advanced by another traveler in my building that worked for them. She kept telling me that they really do customize packages and pay top rates so I called them and that is exactly what they did.Nancy P.