California Physical Therapist Jobs
Physical Therapist Job in Concord, CASetting: Home Health Location: Concord, CA
Advanced is partnering with a facility in the Concord, CA area currently seeking to hire a physical therapist with experience working in this environment. The physical therapy professional...
Physical Therapist Job in San Francisco, CASetting: Home Health Location: San Francisco, CAAdvanced Travel Therapy is currently seeking the ideal candidate to fill a 13-week travel physical therapist (PT) assignment. This travel PT assignment is located at a prestigious rehabilitation...Apply for This Position
Physical Therapist Job in Madera, CASetting: Acute Location: Madera, CA
Advanced is now searching for the perfect candidate to fill a thirteen week assignment as a physical therapist in the Madera, CA area. The ideal applicant will be dispatched to one of our...
Physical Therapist Job in Burbank, CASetting: Home Health Location: Burbank, CA
Advanced is partnering with a facility in the Burbank, CA area currently seeking to hire a physical therapist with experience working in this environment. The physical therapy professional...
Physical Therapist Job in Burbank, CASetting: Home Health Location: Burbank, CAAdvanced Travel Therapy is currently seeking the ideal candidate to fill a 13-week travel physical therapist (PT) assignment. This travel PT assignment is located at a prestigious rehabilitation...Apply for This Position
TAKE YOUR PT CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Travel Physical Therapy Jobs California
Make a difference. Apply with us and see how easy it is to begin your journey as a travel therapist!
Physical Therapy Jobs in California
Advanced Medical is seeking physical therapists to travel and work in California. The demand for skilled and driven PT’s is high in California and there are currently several high paying travel PT jobs available. These positions vary in setting and requirements but they’re present in every region of the state so chances are we have a position that’s perfect for you. Many of the available travel PT jobs in California are at Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF's) but there are also many in School, Clinical and other settings.
What is the cost of living for Physical Therapists in California?
Cost of living in different cities.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA +22% ⇧San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA +22% ⇧
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA +21.4% ⇧Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA +21.4% ⇧
- San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA +21.3% ⇧San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA +21.3% ⇧
- San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA +19% ⇧San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA +19% ⇧
- Napa, CA +18.5% ⇧Napa, CA +18.5% ⇧
- Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA +18.2% ⇧Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA +18.2% ⇧
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA +18.2% ⇧Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA +18.2% ⇧
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA +16.3% ⇧Vallejo-Fairfield, CA +16.3% ⇧
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA +14.6% ⇧Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA +14.6% ⇧
- Salinas, CA +7.1% ⇧Salinas, CA +7.1% ⇧
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, CA +6.9% ⇧San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, CA +6.9% ⇧
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA +6.3% ⇧Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA +6.3% ⇧
- Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA +2.4% ⇧Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA +2.4% ⇧
- Stockton, CA +0.6% ⇧Stockton, CA +0.6% ⇧
- Chico, CA +0.2% ⇧Chico, CA +0.2% ⇧
- Modesto, CA -0.9% ⇩Modesto, CA -0.9% ⇩
- Redding, CA -1.4% ⇩Redding, CA -1.4% ⇩
- Fresno, CA -2.4% ⇩Fresno, CA -2.4% ⇩
- Bakersfield-Delano, CA -2.7% ⇩Bakersfield-Delano, CA -2.7% ⇩
- Merced, CA -4.2% ⇩Merced, CA -4.2% ⇩
- Visalia-Porterville, CA -4.4% ⇩Visalia-Porterville, CA -4.4% ⇩
What are these numbers? The Regional Price Parity the cost of goods and services in a region in comparison to the national average, which is set at 100. For example New York's RPP is 122.2, meaning that goods there cost 22.2% more than the national average.
Data from 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics
Requirements and Responsibilities
The essential functions of Physical Therapists vary from position to position but most commonly include conducting initial evaluations which includes reviewing medical history, interpreting referral information, performing an examination of the patient, documenting patient concerns and providing physical therapy treatment to patients. Additionally a Physical Therapist taking on a travel therapy job in California may be expected to discuss treatment plans and monitor patient progress. A valid California Physical Therapist license will be required for California PT Travel Jobs but Advanced Medical can assist in securing this. Other than the license, strong manual therapy skills are often considered the most important ability to have as it allows you to effectively assist patients in performing the functional tasks and therapeutic exercises required in Physical Therapy. Depending on the facility type you may be working closely with physicians and other medical personnel which will require interpersonal and communication skills to work alongside.
Average Base Salary for Physical Therapists in California
Average Annual Base Salary
Average Hourly Rate
Number of Physical Therapists in California
Salary Range for Physical Therapists in California
Entry Level Salary
Senior Level Salary
Data from 2016 Bureau of Labor Statistics
100% Paid Medical Coverage
401k with Company Matching
Customized Travel Packages
Company-Paid Life Insurance
Large Support Staff
State Licensure Reimbursement
Significant Referral Bonus
Exceptional Customer Service (24 hours/day)
Corporate Furnished Housing or Generous Lodging Per Diem
Travel Expense Allowance
Meals and Incidentals Stipend
Professional & General Liability Coverage
Why Advanced Medical
Joining the Advanced Medical team gives you the attention you deserve. We work closely with each candidate to find the right fit clinically, culturally and financially. We also offer:
- Five-star customer service
- Clinical & licensure support
- and much, much more!
Joint Commission Certified
Advanced found me the perfect travel job in an outpatient setting. It was such a great match that I ended up staying on as a full time employee. If I decide to ever travel again, I will not hesitate to call Advanced.Mary T.
After traveling with several different travel companies I found Advanced. I have now completed 3 great assignments and will never leave this company. Finally a company that actually delivers on what they say.Linda W.
We Just moved into my apartment provided by Advanced and we are loving it! My wife and I are both therapists and the apartment is amazing, it has its own movie theater, fitness center and many other amenities.Michael F.
I was referred to Advanced by another traveler in my building that worked for them. She kept telling me that they really do customize packages and pay top rates so I called them and that is exactly what they did.Nancy P.