Find high paying Speech Therapy jobs in California with a leader in Travel Therapy.
SLP Jobs in California
Speech-Language Pathology is one of the most rewarding careers a person can take on in their lifetime. In school settings, you’re tasked with aiding in the development of young people that has a positive and lasting impact on their life. In other settings such as Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF’s) speech therapists are tasked with aiding in the recovery of stroke patients or provide treatment for speech and swallowing disorders caused by Parkinson’s disease, brain injury or hearing loss. When it comes to professions there aren’t many that can compare to the compassion and patience required to be a speech language pathologist. Advanced Travel Therapy helps Speech-Language Pathologist’s like you find travel SLP jobs in California and all across the nation. If you’re looking for a Travel SLP position in California, you’ve come to the right place. Here you’ll find a ton of great high paying travel speech language therapist jobs in CA along with resources and information about allied healthcare, travel therapy and California.
Benefits To Working With Advanced
Speech Therapists who take on travel assignments in California receive our industry leading benefits package:
- Highly Competitive Pay
- State Licensure Assistance
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage
- Free Continued Education Courses
- 401(K) with Company Matching
- Tuition Rewards
- Travel Expense Allowance
- Mentorship Programs
- State Licensure Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service & Support
Advanced Travel Therapy is proud to have a strong presence in allied healthcare in California. We often feature Speech Language Pathology jobs in every major city in the state including the following: Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno, Long Beach, Oakland, Bakersfield, Riverside, Stockton, Irvine, Fremont, Modesto, Glendale and Ontario. The large cities are great for travelers looking to experience everything a new big city has to offer. However, some of the best experiences you’ll find are often in small towns that are less traveled. There’s often a lot more money to be made in those small town California Travel SLP jobs as well. Click here to find the best travel SLP job in California for you. If you're interested in becoming a travel SLP in California Apply Now.
Average Base Salary for Speech-Language Pathologists in California
Average Annual Base Salary
Average Hourly Rate
Number of Speech-Language Pathologists in California
Salary Range for Speech-Language Pathologists in California
Entry Level Salary
Senior Level Salary
Data from 2016 Bureau of Labor Statistics
Travel Speech Therapy in California
The great state of California boasts our nation’s highest gross domestic product and has one of the strongest economies out of all 50 states. Besides being a great place to work it’s also a great place to live. As the third largest state in square miles California’s vast expanse features diverse geography. Ranging from the hottest desert in North America (Death Valley) to the temperate rainforests of the northern coast there are endless places to visit. Mt Shasta and the mountains of the Sierra Nevada range showcase some of the best skiing in the nation. Big Sur, Yosemite National Park, Laguna Beach, Redwood National Park, and Hollywood are just a few sightseeing attractions in California. To list the major cities and all the many attractions they feature would be too numerous. Learn more about what it takes to join Advanced Medical and become a travel SLP in California.
Speech Language Pathology (sometimes referred to as speech therapy) is a difficult but rewarding field. The duties of a Speech Language Pathologist include the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of speech impediments and other communication disorders their patients may be suffering from. Speech-language pathologists are also tasked with preventing those conditions as well as treating swallowing disorders that result from a variety of causes. Some of the most common causes include deafness/hearing loss, delays in expected development, brain injuries, stroke, cleft palate, autism or Parkinson’s disease (most common in skilled nursing facilities). In California, most travel SLP positions are in school or clinical settings.
What is the cost of living for Speech-Language Pathologists in California?
Cost of living in different cities.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA +22% ⇧San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA +22% ⇧
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA +21.4% ⇧Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA +21.4% ⇧
- San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA +21.3% ⇧San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA +21.3% ⇧
- San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA +19% ⇧San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA +19% ⇧
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA +18.2% ⇧Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA +18.2% ⇧
- Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA +18.2% ⇧Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA +18.2% ⇧
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA +16.3% ⇧Vallejo-Fairfield, CA +16.3% ⇧
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA +14.6% ⇧Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA +14.6% ⇧
- Salinas, CA +7.1% ⇧Salinas, CA +7.1% ⇧
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, CA +6.9% ⇧San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, CA +6.9% ⇧
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA +6.3% ⇧Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA +6.3% ⇧
- Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA +2.4% ⇧Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA +2.4% ⇧
- Stockton, CA +0.6% ⇧Stockton, CA +0.6% ⇧
- Modesto, CA -0.9% ⇩Modesto, CA -0.9% ⇩
- Redding, CA -1.4% ⇩Redding, CA -1.4% ⇩
- Fresno, CA -2.4% ⇩Fresno, CA -2.4% ⇩
- Bakersfield-Delano, CA -2.7% ⇩Bakersfield-Delano, CA -2.7% ⇩
- Madera-Chowchilla, CA -3.6% ⇩Madera-Chowchilla, CA -3.6% ⇩
- Merced, CA -4.2% ⇩Merced, CA -4.2% ⇩
- Visalia-Porterville, CA -4.4% ⇩Visalia-Porterville, CA -4.4% ⇩
What are these numbers? The Regional Price Parity the cost of goods and services in a region in comparison to the national average, which is set at 100. For example New York's RPP is 122.2, meaning that goods there cost 22.2% more than the national average.
Data from 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics
Travel SLP Benefits
100% Paid Medical Coverage
401k with Company Matching
Customized Travel Packages
Company-Paid Life Insurance
Large Support Staff
State Licensure Reimbursement
Significant Referral Bonus
Exceptional Customer Service (24 hours/day)
Corporate Furnished Housing or Generous Lodging Per Diem
Travel Expense Allowance
Meals and Incidentals Stipend
Professional & General Liability Coverage
Why Advanced Medical
Joining the Advanced Travel Therapy team gives you the attention you deserve. We work closely with each of our Travel SLP's to find the right fit clinically, culturally and financially. We also offer:
- Five-star customer service
- Clinical & licensure support
- and much, much more!
Joint Commission Certified
Advanced found me the perfect travel job in an outpatient setting. It was such a great match that I ended up staying on as a full time employee. If I decide to ever travel again, I will not hesitate to call Advanced.Mary T.
After traveling with several different travel companies I found Advanced. I have now completed 3 great assignments and will never leave this company. Finally a company that actually delivers on what they say.Linda W.
We Just moved into my apartment provided by Advanced and we are loving it! My wife and I are both therapists and the apartment is amazing, it has its own movie theater, fitness center and many other amenities.Michael F.
I was referred to Advanced by another traveler in my building that worked for them. She kept telling me that they really do customize packages and pay top rates so I called them and that is exactly what they did.Nancy P.