Occupational Therapy Resume Example
If you are ready to start your first occupational therapy job or make a change in your OT career, you may be looking for the perfect occupational therapy resume sample to get you started. The guide that follows will give you an excellent OT resume example and additional resources on how to write the resume you need to land the job you want!
Before you get started, Advanced Travel Therapy has some words of wisdom for you:
- You are a unique OT! Use your resume as a chance to stand out and shine.
- You probably have awesome and diverse experience, but make sure all the information you include is relevant. Keep your sections chronological with your most recent experience up top.
- You should include the projects, certifications, or training that make you the exceptional OT you are.
- Your resume will reflect on you and the value of proofreading cannot be overstated. Get more than one person to read over it!
Go Get 'Em!
OT Resume Example
1234 Sweet Street,
Sometown, CO 12345
Colorado State University - Master of Occupational Therapy, May 2010
University of Colorado, Boulder - Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Physiology, May 2006
Licensed Occupational Therapist - State of Colorado, #123456
CPR/AED Certified - American Heart Association, #123456
| Occupational Therapy Experience
UC Health - Occupational Therapist, Broomfield, CO, 07/2013-Present
- Evaluate patients and analyze medical history to set realistic rehabilitation goals.
- Design and execute treatment plans for patients across the lifespan rehabilitating from trauma, injury, or illness.
- Recommend changes and interventions in patients’ home or work environments.
- Provide education to patients and caregivers through clear oral and written means.
- Supervise, educate, and evaluate multiple COTAs.
- Document using computerized documentation system: Meditech.
Arvada Public School District - Occupational Therapist, Arvada, CO, 08/2012-06/2013
- Provided interventions to facilitate student participation within school environment.
- Adapted and modified the environment, including assistive technology, to meet individual student needs.
- Monitored effects of intervention to assess continuation, modification, or discontinuation.
- Documented evaluations and treatments using computerized documentation system: IEP Direct.
Wheat Ridge Medical Center - Occupational Therapist, Wheat Ridge, CO, 10/2010- 07/2012
Skilled Nursing Facility
- Planned and provided assessments and treatments to patents.
- Managed all discharge planning, including educating patients in adaptive equipment and training caregivers.
- Evaluated and recorded patient progress.
- Documented evaluations and treatments using computerized documentation system: WebPT.
St. Jude’s Rehabilitation Center - 13 Week Travel OT Contract, Fort Collins, CO, 06/2010-09/2010
Skilled Nursing Facility
- Provided OT assessments, treatments, and discharge planning to full caseload of patients.
- Educated patients in adaptive equipment use.
- Provided caregiver training prior to patient discharge.
- Documented evaluations and treatments using computerized documentation systems: WebPT.
| Research and Teaching Experience
Colorado State University - Teaching Assistant, Fall 2009
- Assisted in teaching an undergraduate physiology course.
Poster Presentation and Speaker at OT State Conference - 3/2010
- Created poster presentation on “Lived Experience of Occupational Therapists.”
| Community Leadership and Service
SOTA Co-President - 08/2009 – 05/2010
- Participated in SOTA meetings and coordinated class involvement in AOTA professional and community events.
| Specialized Training and Certification
Environmental Modifications (SCEM) - 03/2013
- Successfully provided evidence, completed application, and received certification from AOTA.
Additional Resume Resources for OTs
Occupational Therapy Resume Links
This is an incredible blog by a dedicated OT with an article that will tell you how to make your occupational therapy resume extraordinary!
This resource will offer more tips and samples for the job hunting OT.
General Resume Advice
For decades, millions of people have used this trusted source for their writing needs. This online workshop will highlight best practices for resume writing.
Another link to this comprehensive career site that will give you 15 excellent tips to keep in mind for any resume.