Physical Therapy Resume Example
If you are ready to start the next chapter in your physical therapy career, you may be on the hunt for the best PT resume example to help you make that happen. Well, you’re in the right place. The following guide will give you an excellent physical therapy resume sample and additional resources for more tips on resume writing.
Before you get started, keep in mind:
- Every physical therapist is unique! Use your resume as an opportunity to stand out.
- Make sure all the information you include on your resume is relevant.
- Include projects, certifications, and training that make you distinct.
- Proofreading is more valuable than you think, get friends to read your resume!
- Keep your sections chronological with your most recent experiences up top.
And Off You Go!
PT Resume Example
1234 Best Street,
Sometown, CA 12345
University of Southern California - Doctorate of Physical Therapy, May 2011
Stanford University - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, May 2007
Licensed Physical Therapist - State of California, #123456
CPR Certified - American Heart Association, #123456
| Physical Therapy Experience
St. Francis Rehabilitation Center - Physical Therapist, Fremont, CA, 07/2015-Present
Skilled Nursing Facility
- Evaluate and implement rehabilitation programs for young adult through centenarian patients with a variety of orthopedic, neurologic, and cardiovascular conditions.
- Participate in weekly interdisciplinary meetings and patient care conferences to determine appropriate discharge settings and eliminate barriers to safe home discharges.
- Document evaluations and treatments using computerized documentation systems: Matrix and Casamba.
Potrero Rehab - Part-Time Physical Therapist, San Francisco, CA, 05/2013-06/2015
Outpatient Physical Therapy
- Integrated aquatic therapy, manual therapy, and gym-based exercises to facilitate improved pain levels and function in patients with a variety of orthopedic and neurological conditions.
- Augmented functional mobility in patients with orthopedic diagnoses such as total joint replacements, as well as patients with neurological diagnoses such as lumbosacral plexus lesions, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy.
- Formulated individualized home exercise programs for pediatric through geriatric patients.
- Participated in weekly rounds with rehab team and coordinated patient discharge with other therapy disciplines.
- Documented evaluations and treatments using computerized documentation system: WebPT.
O’Connor Medical Center - Full-Time Affiliation, San Jose, CA, 01/2012-05/2013
Acute Care Physical Therapy
- Evaluated and treated patients in various units including ICU, PCU, CCU, and oncology.
- Provided discharge recommendations for all patients receiving physical therapy.
- Participated in weekly rounds with orthopedic medical team.
- Worked with case manager to coordinate discharge of patients.
- Documented evaluations and treatments using computerized documentation system: McKesson Information System.
San Leandro Rehabilitation Center - 13 Week Travel PT Contract, San Leandro, CA, 09/2011-12/2011
Skilled Nursing Facility
- Performed evaluations and treatments for patients ranging from the pediatric to the geriatric with a variety of orthopedic, neurologic, and cardiovascular conditions.
- Collaborated with occupational therapists and speech therapists to maximize patients’ abilities to successfully return home.
- Documented evaluations and treatments using computerized documentation systems: Matrix and Casamba.
| Research and Teaching Experience
Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy - USC, 08/2009-05/2011
- Doctoral Project: Musculoskeletal Risk Factors in Adults. Advisors: John Smith, PT, PhD and James Smith, PT, DPT, OCS.
USC Physical Therapy - Fall, 2010
- Teaching Assistant: Taught first year medical students Prologue Gross Anatomy.
| Community Leadership and Service
USC APTA - Student Co-Representative, 08/2010-05/2011
- Participated in CPTA Assembly Meetings and coordinated class involvement in APTA professional and community events, including Legislative Day in Sacramento.
USC Class of 2011 - Co-President
- Organized school and class professional development events. These included Interview Day and Annual Career Fair.
| Specialized Training
Good Samaritan Hospital - San Jose, CA, 2012
- Completed 6-Month Mentorship in Advanced Orthopedic Manual Therapy.
Additional Resume Resources for PTs
Physical Therapy Resume Links
Offers more tips and samples for the job hunting PT.
Will give you comprehensive and in-depth advice on how to develop a great physical therapy resume.
General Resume Advice
A trusted source for all writing matters, this site will give you a better understanding of best practices when it comes to creating a professional resume.
Another link to this great career site that will give you 15 excellent tips to keep in mind for any resume.