Nice to Meet You!I am a National/Senior Therapy Recruiter and have been with Advanced for over 5 years now. I have experience working with travelers at all stages in their careers. Everyone from new grads right out of school to people with 30 years’ experience and everything in between!
Fun FactOn a personal note, I have 2 kids (an 8 year old boy and a newborn little girl). I love staying active including golfing year round- even through the Colorado winters and play competitive basketball year round as well!
What My Travelers Have to Say
- Codey is exactly what you look for in an awesome recruiter! He is reliable, knowledgeable, approachable, and takes the time to answer any and all questions you may have. He makes you feel like you are his only traveler. I have had great placements thanks to him. He's all around an awesome guy and I can't say enough good things about him!
- Codey is an amazing recruiter. He really listens and is always there for you. He can always be reached and follows up promptly. He really has our interest as his main focus. Love working with him.
- Out of the many companies and recruiters that I had talked to, Codey was by far the best- no competition! He has a great deal of experience and he is very willing to share that with anyone that comes his way. As a new grad and new traveler, Codey was able to explain in a very simple way, the ins and outs, pros and cons of traveling. He goes above and beyond for each of his clients, never beats around the bush for any situation, is very understanding, not pushy, and is very punctual/ timely and dedicated. Codey is one of the biggest reasons that I chose travel therapy, specifically Advanced Travel Therapy.
- Codey is someone you definitely want to have on your team. He is extremely responsive, friendly, knowledgeable, always looking for your best interest, and will do everything he can to ensure a smooth transition. He helped me get a position that is rarely available and I am very grateful to him and his team.
- Codey has been a pleasure to work with from day 1! He helped my wife and I get some great contracts as new grads and answer any and all questions along the way. I met him at CSM a few months before my wife and I graduated and he has always been professional, timely, and honest. We could not have asked for a better experience so far and are looking forward to what is next!
- Codey has been a pleasure to work with! He is always available and willing to help out in any way he can! I would recommend him to anyone looking to start a travel therapy career!
- Codey has been a wonderful recruiter! He was highly recommended by another therapist I knew, so I reached out with several questions to see if travel therapy was a good fit for me and my family. During my initial call to him, he genuinely answered every question and did not give me the typical recruiter run around. Codey has looked out for my best interest since day one and has never made me feel pressured or uncomfortable. He and I began building a great, professional relationship when I was in the beginning stages of considering travel therapy. Now, I am well into my first assignment, and he is never more than a phone call or e-mail away. I believe what sets Codey apart from many recruiters out there is that he is full of respect for his clients. Two thumbs up for Codey!
- I did my first travel therapy with Codey as my recruiter and still recommend him to people. He was patient and understanding, though my life circumstances often directed me away from pursuing different travel jobs. When I came back, he was as helpful and enthusiastic as ever. He never made me feel that I had to take a job that did not fit--and believe me, I made some of the job hunt difficult. I've worked for other companies, where local businesses have outsourced to recruiting companies, and I can't go back: with them, I knew the bottom line was that I was a business deal. With Codey, though I understood there's still a business aspect, I felt that at the end of the day I was a person. He was helpful and encouraging. He was honest and transparent, even when it would have meant more money for the company for him to be otherwise. He was personal, checking in with me every few weeks during my first assignment to make sure things were still going well. There are many, many companies and recruiters out there. I think, though, that it's rare to say a company or recruiter values its people first as people, then as employees. In my experience those values have often been lost. When you can find them, you want to stick with them--and write really long online reviews.
- As soon as someone mentions to me that they are interested in travel therapy, I immediately recommend that they call Codey. He's an extremely knowledgable recruiter and is an absolute pleasure to work with. He's upfront with expectations and will work his hardest to get you the contract that is best for you.
- I graduated in May 2016 and wasn't sure of the population or place I wanted to settle with. I thought traveling would be a fun and interesting way to begin my career so I submitted my information to the Advanced website and Codey contacted me promptly. He was attentive to all my questions and knew what information I should know as a new grad/traveler. Before my first assignment started he checked in with me frequently to ensure the process was going smoothly. I know I can reach out to Codey for anything regarding my current and future assignments. He goes above and beyond to ensure his therapists receive not only a quality but an individualized experience!
- This is my first time working a travel therapy position and Codey has been an amazing recruiter! He is always prompt in responding, positive, efficient and helpful. I have nothing but good things to say about Codey! I highly recommend him as a recruiter.
- Codey, Codey, Codey... What can I say in a few words about someone who has been so amazing to me as a recruiter? Codey has HANDS DOWN been THE BEST RECRUITER I have ever had! I started off with him as a new grad and I am certainly glad I have had the WONDERFUL privilege to have him be an integral part of my career processes. RECRUITER??? Codey has become FAR MORE than just a mere recruiter for me. He is in fact, like FAMILY to me! What other recruiter calls and/or texts you on fridays to check on you? What recruiter responds to you AFTER HOURS including ODD HOURS about random questions or thoughts? What recruiter is patient and actively listens and works diligently to help you to find what you are looking for? What recruiter knows the right things to say to help you calm down when you are freaking out in regards to any issues with an assignment and/or life events impacting your well-being. I've tried to "be grown" and "test the waters" only to find out that there is NO ONE ON EARTH like CODEY THALACKER! I have been traveling with Codey for quite a few years now and I wholeheartedly am "TEAM CODEY"! I appreciate all that he has done for me. I have bragged about him for many years to all my fellow travel therapists out there who are unhappy with their recruiters and some have crossed over and remain "TEAM CODEY"..... Great guy, great support, great reliability, provides great advice and guidance.... Did I say he is GREAT? If not, I just want the world to know that he really is GREAT!
- Codey is simply great! From the start he has been very helpful in answering all my questions, he is a very knowledgeable recruiter, easy going and attentive. He goes above and beyond to ensure the traveling process occurs smoothly and without hiccups. As a new grad traveling seemed somewhat overwhelming and questionable but working with Codey has made the initiation and transition to travel rewarding and comfortable. Hands down "the best"!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose an assignment?
To help you choose an assignment in travel therapy, Advanced has a team of talented and experienced recruiters to ensure that your placement is in accord with your career aspirations, travel preferences and pretty much any other modifier that may come into play as you select the travel therapy position that makes sense for you.
What travel therapist specialties does Advanced staff?
What type of support is provided if I have a clinical or administrative problem?
Advanced provides 24 hour customer service and has a full time Clinical Director to assist you in resolving any issues may come up.
In what types of facilities are traveling positions available?
Travel therapy positions through Advanced are typically located in highly esteemed facilities. These include cutting edge outpatient clinics, prestigious private practices, exceptional rehabilitation centers and senior living communities.
Is there a fee when becoming a travel therapist with Advanced?
Not at all. You become our employee and we pay you.
Does Advanced have assignments in different settings?
Why wait? Work with us!
The Latest From Advanced
Stay up-to-date on the latest in the world of therapy.